Friday, September 4, 2009

Inspired by a wild-haired, gorgeous Aussie woman named Therese de Wolf, whose infectious enthusiasm for life succeeded to both mesmerize me and motivate me, I have embarked on a new journey. After a late night session of tea drinking with the tag drooping over the rim of the mug, reminding me with every sip to "Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light," I am ever more excited to embark! While I have always been conscientious about eating healthy, it has always been about looking good. And, whenever I felt that I attained a status of "looking good" that was acceptable to me, eating healthy no longer was a priority. I would vacuum clean heaps and heaps of processed, sugary, fatty food. My nickname would change into "The Garbage Disposal." I would become a side-show act. My moodswings would become so violent that my boyfriend actually thinks I need therapy! And then, when I can no longer button my jeans and I have freaked out and aliented all of my friends, I start the process of eating healthy all over again! But what I have always known, but lost track of, was that there is more to the story. It's not about looking good, it's about feeling good. It's about nourishing the body with delicious food that God was so generous in providing for us. It's about rejoicing in your food, knowing that it is not only good for you but good for our planet as well....So, armed with a blender, lots of fruits and veggies, some new (drum roll please).....SUPERFOODS!!! (purchased at my local Henry's), I enjoyed a day full of gorgeous, healthy, nutritious food. And while it has only been a day, I do feel more energized, more alive, and more excited about life....








SUPER excited about these new SUPERFOODS!

Cacao beans: Contain 10,000 milligrams (10 grams) per 100 grams of flavonol antioxidants. This is a whopping 10% antioxidant concentration level! Cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far, including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. In fact, it has up to four times the quantity of antioxidants found in green tea!

Goji Berries:
With over 15% protein, 21 essential minerals, and 18 amino acids, as well as lycium barbarum polysaccharides (LBP), goji berry is a nutrient-dense superfood in a class all its own.

Maca Powder: This plant has been credited with many healthful effects, including-Increasing energy, stamina and endurance, Enhancing libido and treating impotence, Stimulating fertility in both sexes, Supporting the immune system and adrenal function, Reducing chronic fatigue, Regulating and supporting the endocrine system


Breakfast with Yoni Boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment