Wednesday, September 2, 2009

To be completely honest, this past week I have felt like a failure and a fraud. I had let fear creep back into my way of being and I could not face you all, let alone myself. I got buried underneath an avalanche of shame and ridicule. Boom! Didn't even see it coming...a rock of self doubt here, another rock of negative thinking there. And before I knew it, rocks of all shapes and sizes started falling so fast that I could no longer see the path in which I was intended. And I made it mean so much! I made it mean that I am not a good person, that I am lazy, that I am not worthy. I saw my digression as a definition of who I am. Until today, when I stumbled across a very wise, beautiful woman. She said, "Life is not a straight arrow." I am allowed to fumble. I am allowed to fall. My failures of yesterday do not dictate who I am today. Tomorrow is a possibility for creating something new, something beautiful, something inspiring!

One more thing...I can't tell you how grateful I feel to have such loving, caring people in my life. I am surrounded by truly amazing people that everyday inspire me to be a better, more generous person. So thank you all for listening to me, supporting me, and constantly believing in me.

"Even the rock will not be a rock forever, but only what 'seems like forever.' Before it was a rock, it was something else. It fossilized into that rock, through a process taking hundreds of thousands of years. It was once something else and will be something else again."

No comments:

Post a Comment