Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bring On the Pain!!!!

Yesterday brought in the first day of what will undoubtedly be a most dreaded, agonizing, and utterly excruciating 3 month-long fitness regime. It's part of the quest to achieve all those "someday, one-day goals" I've been craving all these years. The goal: abs you can grate cheese on, a derriere that makes people go weak at the knees, and oh, almost forgot.....loosing my ever-present love handles and back fat would be nice too. So, I hauled my booty into the gym last night for a weight lifting class led by a woman, who I swear, is our one and only Governator dressed in drag. And as if GI-Jane wasn't intimidating enough, I was drowning in a sea of robotic, sculpted, toned, and bronzed women who must have just come to life from the Nike billboard posted outside. But there I stayed, the new girl in class, wearing some old sweatpants and one of Yoni's oversized T-shirts, motivated to see this thing to the finish. Under the Governatah's hawk-like eyes and commands reminiscent of a Nazi soldier, I squatted, lifted, curled, pressed, and dipped. And, okay, if we're being honest here....also cried, cursed, squealed, moaned, and farted!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment